We hear a lot about these celestial entities … but what are they really? Let’s break it down.
By definition: The word “chakra” means “disk” or “wheel” and refers to the energy centers in your body. These wheels or disks are full of spinning energy. Each corresponds to certain nerve bundles and major organs.
To function at their best, your chakras need to stay open, or balanced. If they get blocked, you may experience physical or emotional symptoms related to that particular chakra. Read more about unblocking chakras here.
There are seven main chakras that run along your spine. They start at the root, or base, of your spine and extend to the crown of your head.
Some people believe you have at least 114 different chakras in the body. The chakras most often referred to are the 7 main ones. We’ll explore those deeper.
There are 7 main chakras. Each located in it’s own sector of our body. Each responsible for certain emotions, physical ailments, and mental advances. Each corresponding or reacting to a particular color. All together our individual chakras make the building blocks of our everyday existence. When a chakra is “blocked” the individual will see certain mishaps or patterns manifest in their own lives. It is up to us recognize these blockages and promote harmony in our lives to fix. The 7 main chakras are as follows:
1. Root – “Muladhara” means the Root of Existence. Located at he base of the Spine. Represents foundation, stability, security, and safety. This is the energy we build our lives on. This chakra corresponds with and is usually represented by the color: RED.
When your Root Chakra is blocked you will feel ungrounded, fearful, have difficulty letting go, a sense of not belonging, poor health, and as if your tied down.
2. Sacral – “Svadhisthana” meaning Where your Being is Established. Located below the naval. This chakra represents creative and sexual energy. This is the chakras that manifests desire and confidence. This chakra corresponds with and is usually represented by the color: ORANGE.
When blocked, you will feel imbalanced, lack of creativity, sexual dysfunction, emotional isolation and intimacy.
3. Solar Plexus – “Manipura” meaning Power. Located below the chest (in the stomach/torso/ your “gut”), this chakra represents your self-esteem, emotional pleasure, will power, and personal responsibility. This chakra corresponds with and is usually represented by the color: YELLOW
When imbalanced this chakra will give you attributes of low self-esteem, control issues, manipulative, and misuse of power.
4. Heart – “Anahata” – meaning the unstruck. This chakra is located in the middle of your chest. Representing self-love and relationships. It balances calmness and serenity. This chakra corresponds with and is usually represented by the color: GREEN.
An imbalanced heart chakra will have an individual in a depression state of mind, usually finding much difficulty in the personal relationships they have. The individual will also have a high lack of self-discipline, usually resulting in sexual affairs and disloyal choices.
5. Throat – “Vissudha” meaning especially pure. This chakra is located directly in the center of the neck a.k.a your throat, lol. It represents your voice and communication. It lends clear and effective direction into ones everyday motions and relationships. This chakra corresponds with and is usually represented by the color: BLUE.
When imbalanced, you will feel shyness and withdrawn. Arrogance and anxiety are also a sign of this chakra beinf out of wack/balance.
6. Third Eye – “Ajna” meaning Unlimited Potential. You can find this chakra in the middle of your forehead, between the brows. It represents your intuition, foresight, imagination, harmony (between mind and body). This chakra corresponds with and is usually represented by the color: VIOLET.
An imbalanced third eye will give an individual lack of direction. They will have a lack of trust in others and lack of clarity on all endeavors.
& the final and most coveted chakra is the …
7. Crown – “Sahasrara” meaning Thousand Petaled or in control of ones many layers. Not only is this chakra the easiest to get blocked .. it is the hardest chakra to open up. Located at the top of ones head, this chakra represents the higher consciousness and divine connection. It is believed in order to open this chakra and avoid any blockage, one will have to become a MASTER of the other 6 chakras and have balanced all at the same time. This chakra corresponds with and is usually represented by the color: MAGENTA.
When imbalanced, the crown will give the individual attributes of closed mindedness, a disconnection with the spirit, and a disregard for what is sacred.
These are the basics of the 7 main Chakras within our body. We will be digging deeper into these throughout the week on our official Instagram @soapteaandmascara. Please come on by to the socials and learn how to UNBLOCK each of these chakras and live a more balanced/harmonious life. Tag a friend and follow us for more.